Trust and Private Client Tax Manager - Brighton
Our client is an independent accountancy practice, they seek a qualified CTA (and ideally STEP) tax professional to join their Private Client Tax Team. In this role you will advise HNW individuals and families and in particular you will oversee the Trust work for the firm. Day to day this will involve:
• Managing a more junior member of staff who prepares the accounts and returns for the trusts.
• Dealing with a wide range of queries from beneficiaries and trustees by letter, phone and in person.
• IHT and CGT advice.
• Some personal tax work for HNW individuals.
• Complex tax planning and advising on behalf of the Directors.
• Review of compliance and accounts.
• Ensuring planning and cross-selling opportunities are identified and followed up.
• Help increase the client base through an organised approach to business development e.g. networking, client recommendation requests, developing referrer base.
• Contribute to effective team working as part of the management team.
• Coach and train trainees in developing their technical, client relationship and business development skills.
• Ensure the Firm’s technical, ethical and compliance procedures are adhered to in all cases.
• Carry out ad hoc projects and other duties as may be reasonably required.
This role would suit an organised individual who genuinely enjoys dealing with more complex trust and private client cases. It might be that you currently work in London and commute from the South Coast and this role offers you a shorter commute (it is based 10 minutes walk from a train station).