This is an ambitious, fast-growing VAT services firm, characterised by collaborative team working, and an entrepreneurial outlook. They pride themselves on their relaxed, friendly and supportive working environment, and look to marry the integrity of the top professional services firms with the dynamism of an independent boutique. Supporting their clients with cross-border VAT Compliance is at the core of their offering, and their sizeable compliance team is diverse, multicultural, fast-paced and dynamic.
• Clients drawn from all over Europe and beyond
• Based in Brighton – a vibrant, cosmopolitan seaside town, less than an hour from London.
• The Compliance Manager role involves submitting complex VAT returns for their largest clients. Responsibilities include:
• Submitting declarations i.e. VAT returns, EC Sales, Intrastat as required
• Maintaining and developing relationships with agents & tax authorities
• Peer review to ensure accuracy and consistency of returns and declarations submitted
• Providing Account Management services for key clients
• Researching and confirming legislative changes.
The successful applicant will have at least 2 years’ plus experience of working in VAT compliance (either in-house or in professional services roles). They will possess the ability to consider risks involved when submitting VAT declarations and can apply sound judgement and logic.
The firm is especially interested in candidates who have experience of VAT compliance in the Meditteranean countries; this role requires the ability to work in English at a proficient level and fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese would be advantageous but is not essential.