A leading top tier firm with an established VAT practice is looking for a Director to join in order to effectively plan for succession over the next 18-24 months. This is a unique opportunity to join a firm in a leadership role with a Partner case already signed off for the individual who comes on board. This will be a market facing role and an applicants should be confident of their own business development acumen. There will also be an expectation that this individual can lead a highly technical team and help manage and retain talented staff. While this practice operates across multiple sectors, it has a significant footprint in the real estate, technology media and telco, financial services and FMCG sectors. As focus in any of these areas would be of real benefit.
Key aspects of this role include:
• Advising on and managing Indirect Tax obligations of the firm’s clients.
• Developing new go-to-market strategies to take the current team’s revenue up to the next level, supporting your own short-term Partner business case.
• Leading an established team of highly regarded VAT professionals offering management support and career advice. This will involve mentoring, developing and progressing talented junior staff.
• Taking an active and leading role in the VAT department’s overall growth strategy with a view to taking on a Partner position in the short term.
• Working closely with the firm’s tax leadership to maximise the VAT team’s footprint across the firm’s current client base.
This is a rare opportunity for an Indirect Tax specialist to come on board and take an established team to the next level in terms of quality of advice, revenue and market share.
The successful candidate should be a well-known senior Indirect Tax specialist with demonstrable experience delivery high quality advice to clients. While this is a Director role, the firm’s leadership will consider an established Senior Manager looking to take a step up to Director, or a current Director with an eye on Partner in the short term.
In order to attract the right calibre of candidate, this firm will offer a basic salary of up to £150,000 plus bonus and benefits.
For more information, please contact James Couceiro