The ideal candidate will be a graduate or have strong A levels with a minimum of 2 years corporation tax experience. Full study support should be available for the successful applicant.
Experience gained at a similar sized firm is preferable and some wider experience of OMB taxation rather than pure corporation tax would be welcomed. This role would suit an individual from a Top 50 or independent firm background. The client base is made up of Media Clients, some household names and some general OMB clients
The role will be corporation tax compliance based to assist the team with the preparation and completion of company tax returns, advising clients of tax liabilities and deadlines, together with liaison with HMRC on behalf of clients.
The candidate will be responsible for ensuring that deadlines can be met on assignments delegated to them.
In all cases, work will be reviewed at a Manager or Partner level although the scale of that review will be dependent upon the complexity of the assignment. Therefore work will need to be completed in a clear and logical manner, and the candidate must ensure that they are aware of any issues identified so that their work can be effectively reviewed
* Liaising with clients, usually by phone
* Handling client queries (in conjunction with the Tax Manager)
* Completing corporation tax returns for clients
* Calculating tax provisions in client's accounts - this will involve working closely with the audit divisions
* You may be expected to visit client premises and complete draft computations on site
* Assisting with the completion of calculations for the tax provision in the accounts
* Ensuring clients achieve corporate tax compliance, which will involve completing tax returns, completing tax computations and submitting them to the HMRC
To be considered for this role you will need to have a 2 years pure UK corporate tax experience working in a Top 50 for independent firm.
You will be given full study support
If you want to hear more, please contact Rachel Graham for a confidential discussion