In this newly created role, you will drive the Group tax reporting process and manage UK taxes for a high performing international business. With commercial dealings in dozens of countries worldwide, the organisation is a world leader in its field. Providing solutions to multinational customers all over the world, this business employs more than 25,000 people.
With an evenly split focus, you will report directly to the Group Tax Director with full responsibility for Group tax reporting. In addition to reporting, you will oversee UK corporate tax with one report. Furthermore, you will on occasion support with a wide range of UK and international tax advisory projects and issues including, but not limited to; withholding tax, M&A, entity restructuring, and permanent establishment risk.
Duties will include:
• Developing and improving the Group’s Tax function
• Consult with outside tax advisors (as needed) to ensure accurate analysis of tax issues
• Develop relationships with internal & external stakeholders including advisors and HMRC
• Manage Group Tax Reporting including the year end and interim tax reporting process
• Prepare year end current and deferred tax consolidation schedules for the Group including the tax disclosures included in the consolidated accounts
• Assist with year-end and interim tax internal communications
• Develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders including professional advisors
• Oversee UK Corporate Tax compliance and managed one report
• Liaise with HMRC on all UK enquiries, personally managing correspondence
• ACA/ACCA qualified
• Proven UK tax background
• Strong awareness of tax accounting
• Exposure to international tax projects
• Big 4 training preferred
• Commercial experience preferred but not essential
• Able to discuss tax technical matter in plain language.
• Excellent bonus scheme
• Defined contribution pension scheme
• Private healthcare
• Budget to travel if you want to
• Competitive holiday entitlement
• Broad international exposure and complete ownership of Group tax reporting.
For a confidential discussion contact Greg Dadson at Nebula Partners.