Marks Sattin is working with a reputable business based in the heart of Leeds, close to the train station. They are currently recruiting for an Interim VAT Specialist to cover maternity for a period of 10 months.
In the role you will be reporting to the Head of Tax on all of the VAT matters across the group. The main focus of the role will be to deliver the ongoing leadership and management of the indirect tax risk profile.
With a very exciting period coming up in the market for this client, you will have the exciting task of being part of the biggest project the company has ever undertaken.
In the role you will:
* Oversee all areas of indirect tax compliance, including supervision of the monthly VAT return process.
* Maintaining a close working relationship with HMRC on all indirect tax compliance matters in order to maintain the low risk rating.
* Responsibility for handling all indirect tax enquiries undertaken by HMRC.
* Review Group policies and procedures specific to indirect tax regulations.
* Engage with stakeholders to provide appropriate recommendations ensuring compliance with relevant regulations.
* Forecasting of VAT and other indirect tax flows.
Ideally starting in the New Year, you will gain exceptional experience.