Place of work: Tonbridge, Kent or Edinburgh (this position will require regular travel)
We’re a multi-award-winning drinks and technology group on a mission to disrupt the drinks industry in three different ways:
● Master of Malt is re-imagining online drinks retail from the ground up, using cutting edge technology and fanatical customer service to help people explore the world of fine spirits.
● Atom Brands is creating a stable of internationally-acclaimed drinks brands unparalleled in their innovativeness and utterly uncompromising in their approach to the quality of the liquid.
● Maverick Drinks is assembling the most interesting portfolio of craft brands in the industry, and challenging the ‘pay-to-play’ status quo with their open, collaborative approach to doing business.
In everything we do, we are disruptive innovators; it is baked into our DNA to challenge orthodoxy and received wisdom wherever we find it.
Last year we joined the Sunday Times FastTrack 100, a national league table which definitively ranks Britain’s top 100 private companies with the fastest-growing sales over the previous 3 years - we were the only spirits company to be included.
We already turn over many tens of millions of pounds each year, and over the next 5 years we’re going to build a billion pound global business. We’re looking for remarkable people to join us on that journey.
You will lead and manage worldwide VAT compliance and reporting for all Atom Group companies.
Essentials of the job
● Instigate, build, develop and improve VAT processes across the Finance and Compliance teams
● Maintain up to date documentation for all material jurisdictions
● Work closely with colleagues across the Atom and ABI network to promote cooperation and understanding of VAT compliance
● Coordinate and supervise submission of all VAT returns by the relevant statutory deadlines
● Lead the registration in previously unregistered countries
● Handle any PE and CGS calculations as and when required
● Lead on the VAT aspect of HMRC audits
● Monitor legislative changes
Experience, skills and qualifications
● Qualified accountant with PQE (preferably ACA or ACCA or CTA qualified); or qualified by experience
● Familiarity with international taxation of multinational entities
● Experience of relevant tax accounting concepts
● Solid experience of managing VAT compliance and reporting, ideally within the drinks industry
● Strong tax technical and analytical skills, including tax research skills
● Balance of tax technical knowledge with practical application of tax rules
● Proven experience of leading in a team environment
● Strong interpersonal, relationship building and communication skills
● Excellent level of numeracy
● Excellent time management and organisation skills, with the ability to multi-task
● Strong IT skills with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; familiarity with Google Suite of apps would also be useful
● Superlative attention to detail
● Great work ethic, strong integrity, honesty and discretion
● Proactive and questioning approach
● Ability to work with cross-functional teams
● Ability to travel internationally as necessary
● A pragmatic approach
Why work for us?
Other than the standard benefits you expect to see from a business (think pension, cycle-2-work scheme, free eye care vouchers, childcare vouchers) we also offer…
● Flexible working We’re focused on productivity and will work with you to make sure you’re happy with how you work.
● Free food A hungry worker is not a happy worker. We stock our kitchens with what you need to get you through the day.
● Free fancy coffee George Clooney endorsed, no less...
● A relaxed working environment There are no suits and ties here (unless you insist).
● A challenge The opportunity to make a difference to the future of the business. It is our people who put us in the 2017 Sunday Times Fast Track 100.
● Personal Days Seven completely flexible personal days on top of your annual leave, because we all need a duvet day from time to time.
● A healthy staff discount on our world-class range. Just in case that makes a difference.
● (Un)healthy irreverence National pizza/doughnut/pie/lemonade/etc day? We got it covered.