• These roles are to be based in any of the following offices: Reading, Gatwick or St. Albans.
• The team is regarded within the firm as one of the leading and most successful service lines, with a reputation for being proactive, entrepreneurial, successful and fun to work with.
• The South-East team sits within the Indirect Tax group and focuses on serving clients across the region, with focus on a variety of industries including Telecoms, Media and Technology, Public Sector, Travel & Aviation and Consumer Business. Members have deep industry knowledge and a wealth of experience, in providing to clients, tailored and practical advice on the application of VAT rules in relation to complex transactions and arrangements. Work is typically global in nature due to the types of clients they work with.
• The team advises a wide range of clients across the region ranging from retailers, manufacturers, airlines, publishers, social media, marketplaces, gaming, mobile operators, ERP providers, hardware manufacturers etc. Keeping abreast of all relevant VAT issues and developments that clients are most concerned with, it also works closely with trade bodies as well as dealing with HM Treasury and HM Revenue & Customs, acting on behalf of clients and in the course of consultations. Consistent with its clients’ operations, the work is often global in nature and provides colleagues the chance to broaden their knowledge and interact with the firm’s global network regularly. Members will expect to work with all other people in the team, often reporting direct to Partners.
You will have responsibility for:
• Deepening relationships with target accounts, contributing to winning new work;
• Leading existing client engagements, reporting direct to a partner;
• Developing less experienced staff with hands on advice and support;
• Growing new market opportunities locally, nationally and internationally with an opportunity to lead the market development of new ideas;
• Contributing to the enhancement of relationships with all targets and clients; and
• Working closely with colleagues in other parts of the firm.
This is a fab time to join this firm – you’ll be at Assistant Manager or Manager grade, probably in another UK or European VAT Consultancy team (or else doing an advisory role in-house) and be keen to accelerate your career learning and development.