Household banking giant currently looking to recruit 2 AVPs for their tax function. great brand & prospects.
Your new company
Leading banking giant with an exceptional brand is now looking to recruit 2 AVP Corporate Tax specialists for their group tax function.
Your new role
The role involves working within a team of circa 25 corporation tax specialists, across corporation tax forecasting, reporting and compliance.
* Review and sign off of corporation tax returns of a portfolio of UK tax resident entities, prepared by an outsourced service provider, ensuring that these have been prepared in line with agreed policies.
* Supporting the preparation of the annual corporation tax return for the group, which is prepared by the Corporation Tax team.
* Supporting more senior members of the team with technical analysis and calculations in relation to a variety of technical areas, such as share based payments, pensions, fixed assets, capital gains, controlled foreign companies and group relief.
* Assisting with analysis relating to developments in UK tax legislation, to ensure the impact on the group is fully understood.
Tax forecasting and reporting:
* Assistance with corporation tax forecasting processes.
* Assistance with corporation tax stress testing processes, which are performed in response to Bank of England, European Banking Association and internal stress testing requirements.
* Assistance with corporation tax reporting processes, including current tax, deferred tax and effective tax rate calculations at both individual entity and consolidated group levels.
* Posting quarterly tax journals for both complex and non-complex entities for review at a more senior level. This involves gathering the relevant data from Finance teams, performing tax computations and posting the relevant current tax and deferred tax journals into reporting systems.
What you'll need to succeed
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications
* Undergraduate Degree
* ACA / CTA (or local country equivalent) or a qualified solicitor
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications
* Ability to work in a large team and to interact with other teams outside Tax
* Ability to undertake tax analysis and prepare tax workings covering a range of UK tax technical areas, including share based payments, pensions, fixed assets, capital gains, controlled foreign companies and group relief.
* Ability to drive improvements in processes
* Willingness to work flexibly and respond to constantly changing priorities
* Knowledge of One Source (tax software) and Longview (reporting software) is preferable, along with knowledge of SAP or other similar accounting systems
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.