Employment Tax Senior Manager job with Top 10 firm, Ipswich or Norwich.
Hays are seeking applications for a Senior Manager Employment Tax role with Top 10 firm to provide employment tax advisory services to a wide range of clients, working within a group of specialists within the larger tax team.
* Act as a major point of contact within the firm for the client together with the partner. This will include responding quickly to, as well as anticipating, client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided, and maintaining regular contact with clients
* Manage a portfolio of clients including control of billings and cash collection within the firms criteria
* Regular involvement with tax planning and complex tax issues in conjunction with Partners/Directors
* Fulfil a consultancy role on ad hoc projects within their field of specialist knowledge
* Ensure assignments are completed within agreed budgets and keep client/partner informed of overruns and plan staff assignments in order to give an appropriate spread of experience
* Ensure that the Firm's quality control procedures are adhered to including second partner review
* Responsible for the review and delivery for the final advice to clients, subject to sign off from Partners
* Identify risk and technical matters, as well as selling opportunities, to the Partner, whilst exercising judgement within agreed parameters
* Must provide overall support to Partners on client matters and assist Partners in the management of the group, this will include support at times for the recruitment and appraising of staff
* Will work as part of management team with other Tax managers within the business group, and provide support to the rest of the Tax team
* Actively participate in the management of the group through partner/manager meetings and by attendance at social functions
* Training must be provided to more junior staff both on the job and through monitoring exam and on the job performance, whilst consistently providing feedback
* Counsel, appraise, develop and motivate staff as appropriate
* Responsible for coaching and developing junior members of staff
To be successful you will;
* Maintain an in depth, up to date, knowledge of taxation
* Have specialist knowledge and the ability to deal with complex tax issues
* Project management experience
* Staff management experience
* Ability to manage a substantial client portfolio profitably
* Actively seek opportunities for developing new clients and for selling new services to existing clients
* Experience of dealing with client senior management
* Educated to degree level and/or CTA and/or ACA qualified or equivalent
* Demonstrable post qualified experience
* Highly competitive salary
* Flexible benefits package
* Opportunity to work from any office in East Anglia region
* Part-time considered.
To apply or for more information, please contact Cara Whyte at Hays for more details.