Our client, a Bahrain Bourse listed, diversified conglomerated with international operations, is seeking a Tax Executive to join their finance team in Bahrain.
With the introduction of VAT in Bahrain on 1 January 2019, this is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and experienced indirect tax professional looking to advance their career in a developing market and growing organisation.
The successful candidate will:
• Administer VAT implementation strategies and impact assessments, and execute VAT planning accordingly
• Manage and support the company's tax compliance function, including tax reporting, VAT return preparation and filing
• Improve the tax compliance cycle processes, procedures and systems
• Provide user training and VAT education sessions
• Provide support on ad-hoc tax advisory work
You will possess the following key characteristics:
• Bachelor's degree in Business / Finance (or equivalent)
• Professional Accounting or Tax Qualification
• 3-5 years of relevant tax (VAT / Indirect Tax) experience
• Experience gained in a Big 4 Firm and/or Tax Authority
• Excellent English language proficiency