Leading law firm is now looking to recruit an Assistant Tax Manager for is Partner Affairs & Tax team.
Your new company
Leading law firm based in Central London
Your new role
I'm working with a prestigious law firm that are looking to recruit a Tax Assistant Manager to join the in-house Partner Affairs and Tax team. This is an opportunity to be part of a team of 11 tax and accounting professionals.
The team works across the Europe, Middle East and Asia region ("EMEA") and is responsible for providing tax advisory and compliance services to the firm. The Partner Affairs and Tax team is part of the Finance team which has a vision to enable the firm to fulfil its business strategy and its mission of excellent client service.
Finance provides services and information that enable management control of the business, including day to day decision support and effective custody of the firm's resources. Finance works proactively with the business to develop and deliver business strategies as a key business advisor adding value beyond the provision of information.
The role reports to a Tax Senior Manager and will have primary focus on UK partnership tax, corporate tax with some exposure to international tax issues. It will involve project work and provide an understanding of partner tax, partner accounting and partner capital. The role will require close working with other team members and the Head of Partner Affairs and Tax. In this role the successful candidate will be supported with their personal and professional development. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Preparation of:
* UK Partnership Tax computation, including Double Tax Relief claims;
* Partnership profit sharing calculations;
* Annual tax reserving calculations; - Corporation Tax computations for the firm's UK companies;
* HMRC correspondence;
* Cash flow forecasts.
* Involvement in personal tax matters relating to the partners such as tax returns Supporting wider Finance Team colleagues with projects and initiatives
* Tax Risk and Governance and be able to improve processes and procedures
* Assisting with ad hoc queries relating to areas such as Employment Tax and VAT
What you'll need to succeed
* ATT and/or ACA/ACCA/CTA (or overseas equivalent) qualified
* Practical experience of UK Partnership Tax (and ideally Corporation Tax)
* Personal tax experience
* Strong communication skills and ability to liaise with senior stakeholders
* Self-review, discipline and intellectual curiosity as well as an attention to detail
* Ability to plan, prioritize and manage own workload to work accurately under pressure to ensure deadlines are met
* High and focused energy levels and a flexible approach
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.