Part time/Flexible hours TAX Accountant needed for small local practice. 1-2 days a week to be based around flexible working pattern.
The practice has a primary focus on providing high quality tax advisory, compliance and business support services to a range of personal and corporate clients within the creative industries. As it is a small practice, there is a key focus on a highly professional, yet friendly and approachable attitude to our clients.
The current vacancy is mainly in personal tax for individuals/sole traders working in the creative industries, although there may be scope to extend this role to corporation tax compliance and other professional services.
The requirement is 1 day per week to be arranged flexibly. The role would ideally suit a highly skilled candidate for whom flexibility in working hours is a priority.
* The ideal candidate will be qualified to ATT/CTA/ACA or similar level and have experience working in an accountancy practice environment.
* Familiarity with Excel, Xero, and Taxfiler software is necessary.
* Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Have an understanding of the creative industries. Knowledge of the classical music business would be a tremendous advantage.
* The candidate will be capable of working independently and confidently to produce self-assessment tax returns for sole traders/individuals.
* Some administrative work may also required to ensure the smooth running of a small practice.
* Salary in the range of £35-45K pro rata, depending on qualifications and experience.
* Be able to produce sole trader accounts from excel or paper-based records.
* Review and manage the self-assessment tax return process for a portfolio of clients throughout the tax year.
* Exhibit technical competence to undertake the relevant area of work. To that end, undertake the preparation and finalisation of self-assessment tax returns whilst using and understanding legislation appropriately.
* In particular, familiarity with the legislation around double taxation of business profits is required.
* Be capable of taking responsibility for billing tax return fees, keeping accurate records, monitoring own time incurred, completing time sheets accurately, on a timely basis and undertake analysis as directed.
* Liaise with the client throughout the year and practice the principles of excellent client service at all times.
* Identify and advise on tax planning opportunities and to undertake specialist technical assignments as required.