This logistics giant is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange with operations in nine regions with 8,000 employees worldwide. With it’s parent company achieving c$2 billion in revenue for 2017, this Group have undergone a corporate transformation in the past year and have some exciting international plans in the pipeline.
You will be reporting to the UK/Europe Regional Controller and be primarily be responsible for managing tax across the region, focusing on identifying risks and opportunities and implementing solutions. You will also be responsible for one report.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Develop and drive the implementation of a regional tax framework across UK and European businesses
• Provide subject matter expertise on tax regulations and compliance requirements
• Be first point of contact for G&W US Tax team
• Be main point of focus for any potential acquisitions within Region
• Take ownership for coordination of tax audits, including liaising with internal and external auditors, business participants, and senior management.
• Review, evaluate and distil Audit test findings
• Ensure that practical and effective remediation plans are established for tax risk
• Able to start 1st December 2018
• Fully qualified tax professional
• Solid analytical skills with the ability to digest and disseminate information on a broad range of businesses and stakeholders
• Effective management and delegation with the ability to build trust and motivate a team
• Some travel throughout the UK and Europe may be required
• Ability to discuss tax technical matters in plain language
• Competitive salary
• Central London location
• Excellent direct exposure to internal senior stakeholders
• Friendly and collaborative working culture
• The chance to travel
For a confidential discussion please contact Greg Dadson at Nebula Partners directly.