This multinational law firm boasts a prestigious reputation, having featured in the top 10 Financial Times Innovative Lawyers rankings in the Americas, Asia Pacific and EMEA in 2016. With 13,000 employees globally and revenues of US$2.67 billion in FY2017, it retains an extensive and diverse portfolio of clients, ranging from multinational corporates to private equity houses.
In this role, you will primarily be responsible for working on tax disputes. The technical areas mainly include corporation tax, VAT and litigation support to transfer pricing disputes. In this role you will be expected to be proactive and manage a case providing technical tax advice alongside procedural and strategic insights as part of a team representing the client on large scale tax disputes.
• Assisting clients on tax enquiries and investigations
• Managing cases through the Tribunal and courts - including instructing Counsel, developing the case strategy, undertaking disclosure exercises, preparing witness statements, drafting pleadings, assisting with ADR mediation and advising on appeals.
• Manage a case providing technical tax advice alongside procedural and strategic insights as part of a team representing the client on large scale tax disputes.
• Involved in developing and executing the business development strategy
• Graduate - degree educated or comparable (minimum 2:1)
• Qualified solicitor, barrister or tax advisor with tax disputes experience gained from a leading international law or accountancy firm
• Experience of advising on tax cases through the Tribunal and courts
• Experience of advising on tax enquiries and investigations
• First class communicator - both strong verbally and written - and able to develop relationships with key internal stakeholders and clients with ease
• Friendly and collaborative working environment
• Become part of a leading team enjoying double digit growth
• Defined contribution pension scheme
• Private medical
• Discretionary bonus
• Modern output focused working culture
With unlimited exposure to Partners and clients, you will join a fast growing and unrestricted (not an auditor) team of high calibre advisers. If you have serious ambitions to become a Partner, you will know that getting the right sponsorship, client exposure and headroom is vital to your success.
For a confidential discussion please contact Greg Dadson at Nebula Partners directly