A fantastic opportunity has arisen in a 5 partner accountancy firm based in North London.
As a leading firm of Chartered Accountants, and an ICAEW, ACCA and CIOT training office, they believe in recruiting people who, given the right training, will have the ability to provide their clients with a top quality service.
They recognise that their staff are the firm's most important asset. You will not only receive the training necessary to perform your job, but you will also have the opportunity to pursue professional qualifications and progress your career to its full potential.
* Assisting the partner in charge of the department in the overall smooth running of the department.
* Supervising and training of team members within the department.
* Planning compliance work and controlling work schedules of tax staff.
* Reviewing and in some cases, dealing with tax compliance work, ready for submission to HMRC.
* Working with partners to ensure adequate and appropriate fee recoveries on assignments.
* Where relevant, dealing with Capital Gains, Trust and Inheritance Tax and assisting the Partners in ensuring that the best advice is tailored for the client.
* Dealing with complex tax and tax planning issues for the firm's clients.
* Assisting the Partners in the marketing and further development of the tax function with the firm.
* Developing client and intermediary relationships, managing and controlling deliverables and deadlines and handling day to day queries.
* Assisting the partners in the Recruitment and Appraisal process.
* Working with the training partner to ensure that all technical and soft skills, if applicable, training for the Tax Department is maintained up to date, including CPD where appropriate.
* Ensuring that, overall, the department meets the requirement of the ICAEW Practice Assurance Standards.
* Working knowledge of CorTAX, CCH Personal Tax and Central..
* Competent user of Word, Excel, and Outlook.