Global real estate business is now looking to recruit an Assistant UK Tax Manager for its team in London.
Your new company
A global real estate business
Your new role
My client is looking to recruit an Assistant UK Tax Manager to join their Global Tax Department based in London. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the UK Tax Manager in coordinating all aspects of UK corporate tax compliance and tax reporting obligations. You will have Onesource Corporate Tax experience.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Assisting with the preparation of UK corporate tax returns, tax provisions, preparation of financial analysis, reconciliations, claims and elections and other ad hoc projects as required.
* Liaising with members of other departments within the organisation and external advisors to request and provide tax related information/analysis and manage internal relationships and produce work of on an accurate, timely and efficient manner.
* Supporting the UK Tax manager and Global Tax Team as necessary and producing timely work of a high quality focusing on accuracy and efficiency.
* You will also work with other departments within the organisation and report to managers and directors as required and on other tasks or projects as assigned.
As you progress you will have opportunities to assist with ad-hoc projects and other requirements of the business.
* Performing risk based reviews of process outputs either by specific review or through Analytical Procedures. Propose and participate in implementing corrective actions to exception items noted and develop and implement process improvements.
* Support the continued enhancement and development of effective tax reporting and compliance controls and tax governance including reporting on SAO.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will be partly or newly qualified with experience of working in a taxation environment or financial environment. Additionally the successful candidate must be:
* Self-motivated, proactive and with an eagerness to learn
* Methodical and accurate
* Strong team working, prioritisation and organisational skills
* Numerate and confident with numbers
* Able to communicate confidently and have excellent verbal and written skills
* A Level / Degree Standard of Education
* Highly motivated and enthusiastic; · Attention to detail; · Strong time management and organisational skills
* Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels
* Professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness combined with a cooperative attitude.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office e.g. Word, Excel, and Outlook
* Experience working in a finance or tax department
* OneSource knowledge / Experience
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.