My client is a Multinational Hospitality Group, looking to hire a Tax Manager to join their tax function based in London.
This is a truly broad role, reporting into the Head of Tax, where responsibilities include:
* Prepare bi-annual tax health checks/risk and technical update report for each hotel portfolio.
* Prepare and take complete ownership of bi- annual tax forecasting process and models incorporating thin cap assessment, cash flow movement impacts on debt/equity, tax liability forecasting and making recommendations on tax optimisation opportunities.
* Assist Tax Director with tax transaction work including :
* Disposals - prepare tax related documents for data rooms, undertake transaction tax Q&A, review warranties and disclosures, complete tax files for share sale handovers, SPA reviews etc.
* Acquisitions - review due diligence information, review structuring advice and oversee implementation of it
* Restructuring - assist with implementation of corporate restructuring including review of legal documents and tax related documents.
* Assist with the process setting and checking to ensure good tax compliance and management for hotel owning, operating or holding entities including CIT set up, VAT set up/unity applications, SDLT returns, PAYE/wage tax set up, WHT certificate/exemption applications, FATCA/CRS classifications.
* Manage engagement process with tax advisors and monitoring engagement liability per project. Ensuring maximum protection and delivery of project.
* Responsible for multiple hotel portfolio compliance obligations including +20 hotel owning/operating and holding entities ensure all deadlines are met to include monitoring tax filing timetable and communicating to Tax Director any delays in advance:
* CIT - Liaising directly with the hotel Financial Controllers & external professional advisors to ensure timely preparation of required returns, iXBRl filings & financial statement disclosures.
* VAT - Review the returns for the UK hotels to ensure the returns are submitted accurately and on a timely basis. Review VAT processes to ensure compliance and assess risks. Oversee VAT digitisation transition with advisors in country.
* Income Tax (Non-Resident Landlords) review the returns for the entities and ensure their timely submission and accuracy.
* PAYE - liaise with the hotel FCs/payroll agents to ensure accurate and timely submission. Resolve any process issues. NMW oversight. Monitor the process of payroll tax annual returns including P11ds to ensure no deadlines are missed.
* WHT - ensure withholding tax applications are made accurately and on time and assess requirements for WHT deductions and take specialist advice where necessary.
* Capital Allowances - responsible for capital allowance projects (with external advisors predominantly) to ensure efficient elections are made on time.
* Transfer Pricing - ensure TP reports are prepared by advisors timely, kept up to date, correct assumptions are made and report is robust and defends the tax position taken for all IC transactions in the hotel portfolio groups.
For further information on the role, please contact Phil Smyth