A great opportunity to join the Tax Reporting team at a global bank, to support the Head of Tax in leading the reporting and forecasting for the group. Looking for a corporate tax reporting and compliance specialist, at the manager/senior manager level to join the team.
Purpose of the role
* To ensure the Group are compliant with IAS12
* To ensure Group Tax policies and processes are properly implemented and consistently applied
* To streamline reporting and forecasting processes across the Group and to maximise efficiencies
* Quarterly interim reporting and Annual Report and Accounts
* Annual PRA Stress test
* Bi-Annual EBA Stress Test
* Annual CRD IV Country-by Country Reporting
* Annual BEPS Country by Country Reporting
* Quarterly UK Group Payment Arrangement Calculations
* Annual Operating Plan (5-year forecast)
* Financial modelling for ad-hoc projects (e.g. ring-fencing, HQ domicile, planning initiatives etc)
* To support the Head of Tax Reporting and maintaining the global tax risk framework and supporting governance and reporting requirements including tax risk assurance and SAO
Effectiveness & Control
* To advise proactively regarding developments in tax reporting processes and policies.
* To exercise best judgment regarding the application of conflicting business, regulatory and fiscal imperatives, to make decisions and to ensure recommendations are clearly understood.
* To review tax numbers reported by the regional Tax functions.
* To ensure reporting processes are appropriately documented, risk-assessed and have robust operating controls.
* Maintain strong IFRS knowledge.
Experience & qualifications
* Qualified tax professional
* Specialist knowledge and experience in IFRS tax reporting
* Specialist experience in financial services helpful, but not a prerequisite
* Strong communication, problem solving, analytical and project management skills
* Commercial awareness and sound judgment