A multinational business based in the Preston area have created a rare opportunity for a Customs and Excise Manager to join their team in a commercial role. Reporting into the Indirect Tax Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining and developing the Customs and Excise processes whilst ensuring compliance with HMRC regulations.
This is a multinational FMCG business with an excellent reputation worldwide for delivering a high quality service. They are renowned for their brand and are passionate about developing their staff.
* Sustaining knowledge of Customs and Excise regulations and how they impact company operations
* Responsible for accurate Excise Tax reporting
* Maintain Excise Duty Management System SOPs
* Conduct internal and external warehousing compliance audits
* Managing compliance to EMCS and Import/Export obligations
* Provide training in systems and processes, and provide routine guidance to internal stakeholders
* Manage testing of any excise related systems enhancements
* Assist in the development of Customs & Excise related projects
In-depth working knowledge of Customs and Excise regulations and a strong compliance mindset
* Computer literate to include a thorough understanding of SAP/Microsoft Office tool
* Ability to manage time effectively and work unsupervised
* Able to demonstrate good communication skills, both written and verbal
* Excellent team player building relationships across functional areas
£45,000 - £50,000 + generous bonus + other benefits