Growing retail brand with a relaxed work culture. Work minutes from the Dorset coast!
Our client is a leading retail group with significant UK and EMEA operations. Due to continued internal demand our client is currently looking to hire an experienced VAT specialist to manage their UK and international VAT obligations. Reporting directly into the Head of Tax, the role will involve a mixture of operational and technical advisory tasks. This is an ideal role for strong operational candidates who enjoy organisational change, role variety and international exposure.
* Advise business units on VAT issues, ensuring tax risk is managed appropriately for all commercial and corporate operations.
* Manage the full compliance process across multiple jurisdictions, including production, submission and review of VAT returns.
* Conduct risk and control analysis for indirect tax processes and identify areas where controls can be enhanced.
* Contribute ideas to the VAT/Indirect Tax strategy of the wider group.
* Support internal and external audits.
* Act as a point of contact for tax authorities, dealing with queries.
* Provide ad hoc support to other tax team members where required.
* Strong stakeholder management skills.
* Previous European VAT experience is beneficial but not essential.
* Strong communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
The next step
Please contact Ben Shepherd for a confidential discussion