Vacancy for a dedicated Private Client Senior to join a reputable, competitive firm in the City of London
Your new company
A Top 20 firm of Chartered Accountants, based in the City and across the South East of England. Client teams work together to provide business owners, charities and private clients with the support they need to achieve their goals. Our Private Client department in the City is looking for a Tax Senior to join our growing the team.
Your new role
You will be expected to manage a varied personal tax portfolio dealing with all routine personal tax compliance, preparation of tax returns and ad hoc advisory work. The role requires an individual who takes ownership/responsibility of the portfolio under the guidance of a Supervisor/Manager. A candidate with around 3 years personal tax experience with a track record of portfolio management will be essential for this role.
Furthermore, you will regularly liaise with HMRC, complete personal tax returns via CCH software, assist with P11D delivery, file tax returns electronically, assist in both client meetings and on project work collaboratively with teammates, and contribute ideas during the regular team meetings.
What you'll need to succeed
* ATT Qualified
* Experience in a similar role and a similar sized firm
* Understands the personal tax compliance cycle (with around 3 years` experience) is organised and motivated in achieving deadlines
* A driven individual who takes ownership/responsibility of their portfolio, quick to understand/anticipate clients needs
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Accuracy and an attention to detail
* Assisting with ad hoc personal tax advisory work
* Develop excellent client relationships
* Seeks out assistance from team members and accepts guidance
* Understanding of chargeable time/ billing procedures and chasing debtors
* A good team player recognising team objectives and goals and assisting others as required
A knowledge of CCH software and knowledge of UK residency and domicile rules would be useful, as would a firm foundational knowledge of clients in the Media and Entertainment industry.
What you'll get in return
You will get exposure to an impressive range of clients spanning the music and entertainment industries, as well as a competitive package of benefits. These include:
* 22 days annual leave
* Life cover Critical Illness cover
* Permanent Health Insurance 3% contributory pension - increasing with length of service
* Interest free Season ticket loan
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.