Tax Senior, Oxford
Your new company
A flourishing firm of Chartered Accountants with a strong, specialised private client tax team is looking to grow and develop. Clients include small - medium businesses, owner managed business throughout the Thames Valley area; as well as a significant number of private tax and trust clients in over 50 countries around the world.
This firm has just been acquired by a thriving accountancy group expected to be in the top 10 by the end of the year, this would be an excellent opportunity for someone looking to join an organisation with a small-firm-environment and a large group backing.
A company that truly cares about people development by providing external and in-house training, with possibility for ATT or CTA exam support.
Your new role
The private client portfolio includes a mix of interesting people: CEOs, property
investors, trusts, individuals from children to the elderly and significant numbers of nonresident
and non-domiciled individuals.
Duties will include:-
* Preparation of tax returns and run a client portfolio of about 200 clients.
* Liaise with clients/HMRC in writing, email and on the phone
* Be responsible for billing clients
* Ensuring work is completed in a timely manner and in accordance with deadlines
* Assist the tax manager and directors as required
The successful applicant will have:
* Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
* At least 2 years experience working in a qualified accountancy practice.
* At least 2 years of experience of dealing with self assessment income tax returns including writing to clients, preparing tax returns and contacting HMRC.
* ATT/AAT qualifications may be useful but are not essential. Good practical
* experience is more important.
* Good at IT - a good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook and tax software packages
* Be a team player and have a good sense of humour
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.