Global financial services company is looking to recruit a VP for its Client Tax Support team.
Your new company
Global financial services company.
Your new role
The tax services team focuses on tax strategy, development & enhancement of tax services, tax risk management, market presence, client facing tax support and leveraging tax expertise across the groups Investment Services globally. The key component for this particular role is custody tax knowledge with a background in international tax services for asset management clients with complex fund ranges.
* This position will report to the Global Head of Client Tax Technical Solutions within the groups Investment Services division, primarily responsible for the provision of tax technical support to platinum clients located in EMEA and North America.
* The individual will help develop a model to support our clients' international tax servicing needs.
* Monitor international tax developments across all markets in our global custody network and ensure solutions are customised to the particular client and fact pattern.
* Monitor tax changes impacting fund servicing solutions - (e.g. UK tax changes affecting fund accounting and transfer agency as relevant).
* Work with clients to champion solutions, both internally and externally, facilitating discussion for decision making across multiple lines of business.
* Develop best practice approach and service model, identifying additional products and service opportunities.
* Meet with tax authorities and governments, as necessary, to advocate workable solutions to tax relief models for these types of client.
* Hold regular meetings with clients to review tax changes and where necessary work closely with the clients dedicated tax service provider/tax advisor.
* Participate in relevant tax industry working group meetings as necessary.
* Assisting the Global Tax Services team in ad-hoc projects as they arise from clients in relation to other global tax initiatives (e.g. BEPS, Common Reporting Standard, Financial Transaction Taxes, Investor Taxes, Capital Gain Taxes, etc).
What you'll need to succeed
* Extensive experience working within the asset servicing business with deep knowledge on domestic and foreign withholding taxes, tax relief systems, tax treaty analysis, capital gains and financial transaction taxes and fund accounting
* Particular emphasis on the application of global withholding tax systems to Funds (ETFs, UCITS, US funds, structured products), ideally obtained through significant experience at a global custodian or financial service provider.
* Strong client focus, with proven experience of working with large asset managers.
* Team player able to work across multiple lines of business with excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
* Strong analytical and managerial skills
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.