In conjunction with the Finance Director, the first-time Tax hire will be responsible for all tax issues across the Private Equity group. You will report to the Finance Director but will be expected to operate autonomously and take responsibility for Tax as a whole.
* Co-ordination and management of outsourced compliance providers.
* Preparation of certain group entities' tax computations (group companies, limited partnerships etc.) within specific deadlines.
* Tax compliance will cover a range of entities within Hermes GPE LLP group structure including: Fund LP vehicles, Investment vehicles (holding company special purpose vehicles), General Partner LP and LLP vehicles and the associated member limited company vehicles, Founder Partner LP vehicles, and US and Singaporean company subsidiary companies.
* Working with Finance and Funds administration functions for the collation and preparation of underlying information relevant for tax reporting
* US and UK tax reporting to investors (certain other jurisdictions as needed)
* Preparation of audit tax provisions.
* Dealing with HMRC correspondence and maintaining a good working relationship with HMRC and the tax authorities
* Key point for liaison with regards to FATCA and CRS reporting ensuring requirements are planned for and fulfilled on time.
* Provide input to the development of systems and procedures to allow taxation information to be readily available.
* Provide assistance to the Finance Director on deal related and ad hoc issues.
* Keep abreast of all tax developments relevant to the business.
* Ensure investor / executive reporting is delivered on time.
* Tax accounting experience (preferably holding an accounting or legal qualification)
* Financial services industry knowledge
* Experience in an in-house tax function or practice would be preferable
* Member of Chartered Institute of Taxation (CTA) or equivalent
* Experience and knowledge of private equity and infrastructure would be preferred.
The next step:
Please contact Paul Kempton to have a confidential discussion about this opportunity.