A well established accountancy firm with offices in Borehamwood and Central London. We are looking for a tax manager to join the growing team.
Sopher & Co build long-term relationships with both clients and colleagues in an environment within which they feel valued. They enable the development of both personal and professional qualities through training and practical experience. Sopher & Co has over 100 employees working in 2 main locations.
They're immensely proud of their roots and maintain a family business approach in everything they do. Their valued employees create the best results, regardless of the client size or location. Every member of the team is prepared to go the extra mile, displaying levels of enthusiasm that cannot be matched by more conventional firms. That's why so many of their prestigious clients in the world of entertainment, media, music and show business recommend them year after year.
They're expanding, which means they have an excellent opportunity for a Tax Manager to join a highly successful Tax team. The role offers variety, autonomy and the opportunity to work with an incredibly broad range of clients, as well as a vibrant team of employees who will offer you support and ensure you settle into your new role swiftly.
The business is geared towards providing not only Accountancy and Taxation services but a consultancy based service to support High Net Worth clients, Entrepreneurs and Trusts through the lifecycle of their business. This means they can also offer the right candidate a broad remit and variety within your role.
Duties will include
* Managing the annual tax return process for a portfolio of approximately 350 clients including individuals, partnerships and some trusts
* Reviewing tax returns and accompanying workings as drafted by junior staff
* Supervising junior members of staff with an active role in the annual staff appraisal process
* Active role in the development, technical training and support for the junior members of staff
* Ensuring all deliverables are delivered at the correct level and end product being of high quality and within the appropriate deadline
* Managing the process of dealing with enquiries raised by HMRC and involvement in the more challenging cases
* Excelling in technical research, adhoc advisory projects, specialising in areas such as treaty claims, complex capital gains tax issues, and the areas of taxation relevant to non domiciled individuals
* Taking ownership for financial management of your portfolio, WIP management, billing targets, cash collection and providing quotes on an annual basis and for new work. Maintaining client fee expectations with pre-approval where necessary
* Face to face interactions with clients to strengthen business relationships
* Some involvement in marketing events and business development to achieve the business goals for the firm including building an effective business network and developing a strong personal brand internally and where possible externally
You will ideally be CTA qualified having at least two to three years (tax seasons) experience of reviewing tax returns. You will have strong communication and interpersonal skills. Candidates with strong non doms skills are especially welcome to apply. You all also have/be
* The ability to self-manage and work autonomously
* Strong MS office skills, particularly Excel
* Ideally have worked with CCH and virtual cabinet
* The ability to work with prestigious clients who require complete confidentiality