This European Tax Operations Controller has complete autonomy to work across the variety of Tax implications relating to the UK and EU operations of the business.
Our Client are an industry leading manufacturing company. They have a great company culture, offer lots of variety as well as autonomy for this role. Great business to be apart of.
The key responsibilities for this European Tax Operations Controller role are:
* Lead European tax operational issues: Identify the tax implications of direct and indirect taxes (in particular VAT and customs duties) in Europe. Develop and improve processes
* Ensure compliance with cross-border transfer pricing requirements, e.g. maintaining up to date documentation for all material jurisdictions
* Support the European subsidiaries and Cooper US tax team in tax audits and related matters: (income tax, transfer pricing, VAT, customs duty and other)
* Preparation of year end tax provisions for the UK and supervision of subsidiary's year end tax provisions, in close alignment with the Cooper US tax team.
* Assist in the implementation of global tax planning strategies to minimise impact on cash tax and effective tax rate
* Work closely with global tax team in the U.S., senior management and the European Finance Director to ensure coordination of tax consequences of operations (e.g. Tax Strategy requirements and relevant new tax legislation, e.g. Corporate Criminal Offence of Facilitation of Tax Evasion)
* Co-ordinate and supervise submission of all European tax returns by the relevant statutory deadlines
* Support the HR function in the delivery and submission of all employment tax related returns (e.g. Form 42, PSA, P11D etc) and any ad-hoc issues that arise (e.g. National Minimum Wage)
* Main point of contact for all amendments to access to HSBC.net banking system and all material issues arising in relation to the company's day to day banking arrangements
* Supervise direct reports in Treasury function (e.g. balance sheet hedge forecasting, cash forecasts etc)
* Supervise External Reporting and Compliance Manager's preparation of statutory accounts
* Main point of contact for insurance renewal process and co-ordination of information gathering in respect of insurance claims received.`
Candidates will be successful in this European Tax Operations Controller Role will have:
* A minimum 3 years corporate tax experience in industry and/or public accounting firm
* Familiarity with international taxation of multinational entities
* Experience of relevant tax accounting concepts
* ACA or ACCA or CTA qualified
* Strong tax technical and analytical skills, including tax research skills
* Balance of tax technical knowledge with practical application of tax rules
* Excellent communication and relationship building skills
* Ability to work with cross-functional teams
* Great work ethic and integrity
* Ability to travel internationally as necessary
Base Salary - Up to £60,000
Great Benefits Package
Great Company Culture.