This opportunity, working for a globally recognised bank will give the successful candidate the opportunity to take the lead on running the tax considerations for the Bank in Malta. With significant interaction with the London HQ tax team and European Head of Tax, this is a fantastic opportunity to move into a lead role and develop a career with the bank internationally.
Your role is the ensure this institution is fully compliant with its international regulatory commitments and the Group policies in relation to tax and managing tax risk.
* Tax Transparency - work across multiple business lines Retail, Wealth and Commercial to mitigate and monitor tax evasion risk
* Liaise with Group Head of Tax Reporting and the Heads of Tax for each business line based in HQ to ensure effective and accurate policy and procedure in mitigating tax risk
* Advise the Country Committee on tax transparency issues
* Develop and shape the country tax agenda in the context of international considerations
* Be the key point of contact for local tax authorities
* Work with the Risk Management team around Group Tax Risk Policy
* Work with the Tax Compliance team to provide support and ensure Group Tax policies are implemented
* Provide tax advice internally to the business in respect to new products, processes, inter-company transactions and related tax implications for the Bank.
* Experience in local Malta law is not a necessity, however, strong experience within FATCA, CRS and tax transparency is highly desirable.