Top 10 Public Practice Assistant Tax Manager job Private Client ATT CTA ACA ACCA £50,000 Guildford
Your new company
My client, a Top 10 Accountancy Practice company, is seeking as Assistant Tax Manager to join their Private Client team in Guildford and will provide tax compliance and advisory services for a wide range of regional, London and internationally based clients.
Your new role
* Act as a key point of contact within the firm for your client portfolio, responding quickly to, as well as anticipating, client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided, and maintaining regular contact with clients
* To ensure assignments are completed within agreed budgets and keep client/Manager/Partner informed of WIP position on a regular basis.
* Management of portfolio of clients, the control of billings and cash collection within the firm's criteria.
* Review of work prepared by more junior members of staff.
* Ensure that the firm's quality control procedures are adhered to including appropriate review of work.
* Identify risk and technical matters to senior members of team
* Will work as part of a team with other tax managers within the business group, and provide support to the rest of the tax team
* Participate in the growth of the business including contribution through Partner/Manager meetings and by attendance at events
* Must be able to recognise business development opportunities and inform and work with senior team members and develop these when they arise. Participate in bids/proposals for new work including initial meetings.
* There will be an expectation that you will take full responsibility for project delivery
What you'll need to succeed
You will be educated to degree level, and/or CTA, ATT, ACA or ACCA qualified and have significant understanding of and previous experience within tax compliance. You will have some supervisory experience and be able to deal with client senior management. You will also have the ability to manage a small client portfolio and actively seek opportunities for selling new services to existing clients.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a competitive salary of up to £51,000, 3 x life assurance, up to 50% Income Protection plan, 25 days holiday with the option to buy or sell up to 10 extra days, an overtime bonus which is on average up to 10% of base and a standard pension. My client also offers a work life balance culture with the opportunity to work from home.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.