Wilkinson Partners are currently working with a US headquartered international investment bank, who are currently looking to hire an international VAT manager to join their small international tax team based in London. The team is responsible for work throughout the EMEA region, and will also support the New York headquartered tax team on significant cross-border projects.
• Advise on business transactions (M&A, corporate restructuring) and business proposals to ensure that VAT risk is
managed and in line with the Firm’s risk profile.
• Supervise VAT audits in the EMEA region.
• Prepare UK VAT returns, annual adjustment and capital adjustment calculations.
• Review EMEA VAT returns as prepared by local finance teams / local accountants.
• Liaise with local financial controllers regarding VAT accounting in the EMEA region.
• Analyse the VAT treatment of investment banking deal mandates.
• Respond to enquiries relating to irrecoverable VAT.
• Assist in other matters as the need arises.
You will have:
• An ACA/CTA qualification or equivalent.
• Strong technical UK VAT knowledge developed in a major accounting/law firm and/or in-house.
• Relevant FS sector experience (preferred but not essential).
• A strong interest to develop knowledge in other areas (e.g. VAT in other jurisdictions).
Please apply for further details.