Change Public Practice are currently working with a well-known and respected Accountancy firm based in Aberdeen, who have a requirement for an experienced Tax Assistant to join them on a permanent basis. This role will focus providing a range of Personal Tax services and Corporation Tax Compliance work to a varied client portfolio but can also be altered to the individuals' experience and preferences - either focussing on Personal or Corporate tax or in a mixed role.
Ideally, you will have at least 1 years' experience in a Tax role in Practice but general practice candidates may also apply for consideration if they are keen to pursue a career in this service line.
In this role you will be:
· Reporting directly to the Tax Manager & Partner
· Working with a wide range of Personal & Corporate clients - sole traders, partnerships and limited companies
· Preparing both Personal & Corporate Tax returns
· Providing sound advice & guidance to clients regarding a variety of Tax matters
· Prepare, organise and handle various Tax documents, reports and statements
· Ensure full Tax compliance and legislation is adhered to at all times
· Ad-hoc duties as and when required within the firm
· Liaising closely with the Accounts team to ensure all work is completed accurately and timely
Skills and knowledge required include:
· A minimum of 12 months' years experienced gained in Practice in a Tax role - essential
· Studying towards ATT or CTA or keen to commence a professional qualification
· Have a strong understanding of up to date Tax legislation and compliance
· Working knowledge of Tax software would be advantageous
· Ability to handle a varied workload in order to ensure deadlines are met
To discuss this role further, or other opportunities within Public Practice, please contact Johanne Smith.