A Bulge Bracket Bank is looking for a Tax Compliance Manager for their offices in Birmingham.
As a result of an internal promotion, a position has become available within the tax department managing/maintaining an ongoing relationship with a big 4 auditor. The Tax department ensures compliance with income and indirect tax filings, and monitors tax regulations and legislation. In addition, it calculates reports and discloses all of the Firm's tax-related expenses. The department also plans and manages the Firm's domestic and international tax strategies and advises Firm management and business units on business products, location and structure.
The group is responsible for all direct tax returns and audits in the EMEA region together with involvement in internal restructures, Firm acquisitions and Business Unit structures that are on the Firms Balance Sheet. The candidate will have both initial support responsibility for a number of significant UK and overseas companies and a review responsibility for a certain entities within the UK (Globally on ocaisson). In addition, the role requires ownership of certain cross-business unit processes or initiatives.
* Assist with UK and International Tax compliance requirements
* Driving the delivery of compliance projects to ensure compliance gaps are resolved & key compliance projects are completed.
* Interacting with external auditor.
* Assisting with end-to-end review of compliance function operations.
* Supporting the promotion of compliance as a centre of excellence.
* Reporting on & management of compliance issues & risk.
* Dealing with Overseas queries.
* Dealing with HMRC queries.
* Provide tax compliance advice and support across UK group in order to ensure that any issues affecting tax returns are recognised and amended.
* Detailed review of global group for CFC return.
* Assisting with R&D Capital allowance claims.
* Aware of the business and tax risks involved in carrying out duties.
The Ideal candidate will have previous experience in reviewing compliance projects. CTA/ ACA/ ATT qualified, able to demonstrate high levels of professional knowledge, expertise and integrity. Client relationship and communication skills will be vital in this role, as well as leadership qualities in order to develop strong working relationships across the group.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.