My client is a multinational FTSE 100 Group headquartered in London, looking to hire an International Tax Manager to join their growing tax department. Through a combination of organic growth and M&A, the Group has expanded rapidly in recent years to become one of the world's market leaders in their sector. In this newly created position, the successful candidate will work closely with the Head of International Tax as well as other key decision makers within the business to help develop and deliver a robust international tax strategy across the group.
* Partner the international businesses, assisting with tax queries and optimisation within the territories.
* Act as tax business partner for the Digital business, which serves various European and international territories, to assist with all tax queries, identify risks (eg permanent establishment risks) and issues and propose solutions to the same.
* Suggest appropriate strategies to optimise the group's tax position, compliant with the Group Tax Strategy and with the targets of the tax team.
* Work alongside the Head of Transfer Pricing to monitor the group's transfer pricing strategy and assist negotiation with tax authorities where necessary. In partnering the International and Digital business, identify opportunities for streamlining the Transfer Pricing policies and work with the Head of Transfer Pricing to implement changes. Assist, where necessary, to ensure appropriate documentation is in place.
* Partner with the corporate teams on mergers & acquisitions, new business initiatives, business restructuring, internal and external agreements and entry into new countries associated with the International and Digital businesses.
* Work together with other members of the tax team to ensure that tax losses and other tax assets are utilised.
* Support the International and Digital businesses with tax audits and litigation.
* Work closely with external advisors and maintain these relationships so that advice can be sought when required and as quickly and efficiently as possible.
* Oversee and monitor preparation and submission of all group tax returns and ensure that all direct tax filings for the Digital business are made on a timely basis.
* Assist the tax reporting team with tax reporting and forecasting for the international businesses.
* Assist with the CFC analysis of the group.
Skills and Qualifications
* Strong international tax technical knowledge, including experience with transfer pricing, CFCs, treasury matters etc
* Experience in a fast-moving commercial environment.
* Assertive and enthusiastic team player
* Commercially astute and risk-aware
* Strong communication skills for explaining tax concepts to a non-tax audience
* Good eye for detail
* Ability to brainstorm solutions and implement improvements
* Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships at all levels from Board Director to junior finance team
* Ability to prioritise and multitask
* Experience of post-merger/acquisition integrations would be useful
For further information on the vacancy, please contact Phil Smyth.