Tax Senior Vacancy. London based, competitive salary plus solid career progression with tailored support.
Your new company
Progressive mid-tier accountancy firm based in North London
Your new role
* To assist the Partners in the Tax Department in advising private clients and owner managed businesses, supporting the Tax Team and other tax colleagues with compliance work and ad hoc tax advisory work as required.
* Managing the delivery of complex tax compliance and transactional tax compliance as well as attending advisory meetings on ad hoc tax advisory work on a portfolio of private clients and corporates (including individuals, sole traders, partnerships and trusts and corporate groups with a strong advisory role and presence in the property and charity sectors and an element of international tax)
* Liaising with other offices/departments as required
* Carrying out complex compliance work for personal and corporate clients of the firm.
* Dealing with HMRC as required by email, letter and telephone Liaising with clients as and when required
* Identifying planning opportunities in respect of clients affairs
* Assisting the Tax Team in managing the department compliance process.
* It is hoped that there will be work on advisory matters with relevant report working and technical research required so as to advise in a manner relevant to the particular client and assignment in question.
What you'll need to succeed
* CTA qualified and also ACCA/ICAEW qualified
* Experience of managing a portfolio of clients and undertaking compliance and advisory work and taking responsibility for deadlines.
* Organised and proactive.
* Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Numerate and confident with numbers.
* Be technically up to date on tax regime in the UK as regards private client matters and owner managed business issues including having had experience in corporate restructuring.
What you'll get in return
This is a strong practice with a great reputation and great working environment. The Partners are friendly and approachable individuals who want to bring the best out of each individual by providing tailored support no matter what level you are in your career.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.