A leading firm is sourcing for Senior Manager to join the firm's in-house Tax Function. This is ideal for a person who is challenged by a complicated Group Structure with multi-jurisdictional scope & a variety of international Tax issues.
The role reports into a London based Tax Director, with the Head of Tax based in the US. Other than the Head of Tax, all of the in-house direct and indirect tax team are based in London (with compliance outsourced).
Due to the seniority of the position, the role requires previous in-house experience, its ideal for an individual used to deal with multiple stakeholders & numerous cultures & tax agendas. The role is being hired to replace a secondee but due to the changing nature of the tax market and amount of international tax legalisation change, the firm would like to invest in a permanent resoucre to add significant value to the group.
Some the key focus points of the role are:
* Understanding the changing business activities and advising on proposed restructuring steps, including understanding the accounting position and providing input into legal documentation.
* Understanding the business model for any new services to be provided and coordinating with the business and legal teams.
* Liaising with other Member Firm's in-house tax teams on the tax treatment of their transactions.
* Monitoring the implementation of significant tax legislative changes around the world (e.g. BEPS) and assessing its impact on the firms tax position.
* Being responsible for tax compliance filings in a number of different jurisdictions, including overseeing the gathering of information and managing advisers.
* Dealing with enquiries from local tax authorities.
You will join a close knit team of 5 & a company who prides himself of developing & retaining talent due to it's supportive culture.
Please call Una Ward for a confidential conversation.