A leading, multinational manufacturing business based in the Warrington area is currently looking for an in-house tax manager to look after the UK side of the business. You will work in the centralised office alongside a reputable finance function and you will have a qualified Tax Associate to assist you with day-to-day tasks.
This manufacturing business has a huge amount of money them and they are in a period of growth. They are continually making acquisitions and looking to reshape their UK side of the business. The team has an exceptional reputation for being key players in the North West finance sphere and they are known for looking after their staff by offering genuine career progression opportunities and excellent salary packages.
UK Risk, reporting & compliance responsibilities include:
* Preparation and filing of UK CT computations for the group entities
* Preparation of UK Budget tax figures
* Calculating and payment of quarterly payments on account and group relief
* Manage HMRC enquiries into CT returns
* Assistance with the monthly posting of tax into management reporting
* Prepare current tax and deferred tax asset/ liability calculations for group consolidated accounts and UK statutory entities
* Management of year end process
* Ad hoc advice on employments taxes and VAT as required
* Manage the SAO sign off and supporting documentation
Projects, planning and tax advisory responsibilities include:
* Ongoing support with restructuring projects, including changing ownership of entities, liquidations and capital restructures.
* Support on M&A transactions including due diligence
* Managing and liaising directly with external advisors
* Managing the Group's position for Group relief, interest restriction and loss utilisation
* Review and maintenance of UK tax strategy
* Ensure tax efficient repatriation of funds through the UK
* Assist with maintenance of transfer pricing
* Stay up to date with changes to legislation and inform stakeholders of the impacts
There will also be a small element of treasury involved, however, they already have an in-house treasury specialist so the amount of treasury work you undertake is negotiable (realistically about 10-20%) ...
* Manage the transition of main banking provider
* Liaising with subsidiaries with regards to cash repatriation
* Maintenance of bond schedules
* Processing of bank account applications and changes to banking facilities including mandates
* Liaising with external advisers and banking contacts
* Ensuring Group compliance with treasury policies
Further to this you will be working alongside a more junior tax specialist and you will be responsible for distributing the more junior tasks to free up time for you to do the more complex advisory work.
* ACA, CTA or equivalent with experience in house beneficial (would look at people from practice)
* Ideally, practical experience of working in a similar Group Environment
* Strong analytical and organisational skills
* Experience of liaising with HMRC
* Has the drive and passion to set up a new team
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Strong IT skills including Alphatax
Flexible salary package depending on experience (Circa £70,000) + Car allowance + 20-25% bonus + other exciting benefits.