Interim Public Sector Financial Controller Required In Swindon
Your new company:
This organisation has an national presence. The organisation has a high performing finance team and there are a number of exciting projects coming up this year.
Your new role:
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the job holder leads transaction processing, financial control and statutory reporting activities. This role is responsible for the line management of the Accounts Payable Manager, and two Finance Assistant posts. Duties will include:
* Strengthen and professionalise the organisation's approach to financial control and compliance.
* Lead on the introduction of new financial processes and controls as a result of a business change programme;
* Maintain a rigourous financial control environment using a pragmatic and risk based approach;
* Comply with all legislation and regulations in relation to the organisation's financial affairs; Management of efficient transaction processing services; Production of the Statutory Financial Statements and management of the year end and audit process;
* Oversee the management of indirect and direct tax affairs and ensure compliance with all legislation;
* Lead a programme of continuous improvement in all areas of financial control and transaction processing.
What you'll need to succeed;
The ideal candidate for this role will be a qualified Accountant with significant experience of financial accounting in a management role. You will be an excellent communicator with the ability to liaise with stakeholders at all levels. Furthermore you will have:
* Proven experience of managing year end processes and liaising with auditors
* Excellent knowledge of financial controls and fraud prevention
* A good working knowledge of statutory accounts, preferably in the charity sector (but charity sector experience is not essential)
* Experience of change management and delivering efficiencies in financial processing
* Experience and/or knowledge of VAT and tax compliance
* Experience of commissioning and managing internal audit
* Experience of formulating financial policies and procedures
What you'll get in return :
This is an opportunity to work with a fantastic team in newly decorated modern offices. The organisation offers a challenging environment but also work life balance. They also offer a competitive package of benefits.