Listed Multinational Corporation | US & Americas Tax Manager
This acquisitive multi-national industrial conglomerate has recently established a new global tax function. Publicly listed, and with revenues approaching $2bn, it has operations in the US, Europe, Africa and Asia. With a history dating back to the beginning of the 19th century, key divisions include; renewable energy, natural resources, commodity trading and various metallic product businesses.
This is newly created role, following a major transaction. Reporting directly to the Global Head of Tax, you will take ownership of the Group’s US & Americas tax affairs. As part of the role, you will cover Federal, State and local taxes with an emphasis being on direct tax. As a Nasdaq listed business there is a strong focus on SOX-compliance and quarterly reporting. You will assist in improving the existing Group processes and you will be responsible for the tax reporting process for the Americas region. You will work with the Group’s dedicated tax provision software. Managing the relationship with the statutory auditors in the US will be an essential element of your role.
Further duties will include exposure to transfer pricing, corporate transactions (M&A, restructurings) and international tax issues. In such cases you will work with external advisers and the Group Tax team in Europe. Outside the US, you will work with local Finance teams to ensure tax compliance in Canada, Argentina, Brazil, Mexico and Venezuela.
Location: The US corporate office is based in Ohio. There is the option to work partly from home from the outset.
• CPA qualified
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in tax reporting, ideally a combination of Big 4 (equivalent) and commercial experience
• Must have excellent US corporate tax knowledge, including recent US Tax Reform
• Must have excellent US Compliance and Reporting experience, dealing with and managing statutory auditors and SOX internal controls framework, documentation and processes
• Experience with Longview tax provision software will be considered a plus
• SOX / Internal Controls framework experience preferred
• Transfer Pricing experience desirable
• Experience with managing tax audits / tax controversy is preferred
• Excellent English language skills are a must; Spanish and French an advantage
• Analytically strong, team-player with curiosity for our business operations
• Some overseas travel required
• Discretionary bonus
• Opportunity to shape own role
• Defined contribution pension scheme
For a confidential discussion contact Greg Dadson at Nebula Partners