Private Capital Tax - Manager
Simpson Booth are representing one of the big 4 Professional Services firms, who are looking for a Tax Manager to provide tax compliance and advisory services to their Private Capital clients. These can include owner managed businesses, (‘OMB’s), family businesses and mid-market clients as well as supporting with their offerings within Enterprise i.e. early stage, high growth businesses. The individual will need to build long term relationships with their clients and targets and gain a thorough understanding of their businesses so that they can provide advice and services that are tailored to their clients’ needs.
The successful applicant will have responsibility for providing tax compliance and advisory services to a wide range of clients. This work would include:
- Having wide ranging conversations with new targets and clients across different taxes and commercial issues. For example covering off taxation of individuals and the corporates within a group, funding issues, succession planning etc.
- Being commercially minded to focus on client issues and not just a single area of specialism
- Working with the tax computation processing team in the management and delivery of tax compliance work
- Monitoring the tax compliance position using tax administration software
- Reviewing corporation tax computations and advising the client on the computational treatment of contentious issues
- Coordinating tax payments, loss relief, capital allowances, group relief and other claims
- Being the principal contact with smaller clients on day to day tax matters and working with senior managers, directors or partners larger clients
- Being involved on tax advisory and planning work on their client portfolio and working with specialists to deliver expertise to the local market
- Coordinating a number of different teams internally to provide a single point of contact for the client in delivering a comprehensive cross-tax offering
- Preference for cross-tax experience but not essential (do not need to be tax qualified for this role)...
- A commercial approach to resolving issues and providing advice
- High level analytical skills
- History of developing and maintaining strong client relationships
- Project co-ordination/management skills and the ability to identify and pursue business opportunities
- Strong inter-personal skills/communication skills
- High level of drive and enthusiasm with a positive attitude
- Ability and willingness to keep up to date technically and a continuous desire to seek feedback and improve.