Our client, one of the globes leading asset management firms, are looking for an experienced tax professional to join them as Head of International Tax. The firm is highy respected for not only their track record in regards to returns, but they also have a first class culture and brand name in the market. The Head of Internationl Tax will lead a small tax team based in London and be responsible for overseeing compliance, reporting, planning and strategising for all things tax related.
* Oversee the tax team whose varied responsiilities incude compliance, reporting, product and operational taxes;
* Ensure processes in place are optimal and change, if required, to improve operational efficiencies;
* Build relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including but not limited to HMRC, other local tax authorities, advisors and finance counterparts ensuring your team, and they, are being properly supported from a tax perspective;
* Advise and influence senior leadership on global planning and tax strategies to improve the firms tax position while ensuring compliance.
* ACA, CTA qualified (or equivalent experience);
* Significant experience gained within relevant sectors across UK and international jurisdictions with respect to corporate tax, tax reporting, industry specific taxes and international tax issues;
* An ability to manage a team locally and work with counterparts overseas, building trust, relationships and influence;
* Strong communiction skills, commercial mind-set and a long-term outlook/awareness with respect to tax;
* Financial services, asset management experience preferred.
This is an excellent opportunity if you're either currently in house and looking for more responsibility, or in the profession and keen to make a move in house. You will have a highly visibile role across the business and be relied upon by many. You will also be a champion for the firms industry leading culture and values.