Private Client Tax Manager, Witney, £40,000 - £48,000
Your new company
A flourishing firm of Chartered Accountants with a strong, specialised private client tax team is looking to grow and develop. Clients include small - medium businesses, owner managed business throughout the Thames Valley area; as well as a significant number of private tax and trust clients in over 50 countries around the world.
This firm has just been acquired by a thriving accountancy group expected to be in the top 10 by the end of the year, this would be an excellent opportunity for someone looking to join an organisation with a small-firm-environment and a large group backing.
Your new role
With the promotion of Tax Manager to the Tax Director, this firm is looking to recruit a replacement Tax Manager.
Responsibilities will include:
* Providing technical support and assistance to the team.
* Directing and reviewing compliance work along with the other manager and a Tax Senior - approximately 800 self-assessment tax returns.
* Controlling work-flow and ensuring the delivery of outstanding customer service.
* Training new team members on the job, as well as helping with the management of formal tax training for all staff.
* Providing tax technical advice to clients - senior team works collaboratively to peer review before advice is issued.
* Purely personal tax - the roles doesn't include VAT or corporation tax.
What you'll need to succeed
* CTA qualified or equivalent.
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook and tax software packages.
* Ability to work under pressure whilst motivating the team to deliver exceptional service.
* Passionate about maintaining & extending your own technical knowledge as well as the team's.
* The ability to provide good customer service and help the firm grow.
* Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and inter-personal skills.
* Have previously worked as a Tax Manager or been responsible for managing a portfolio of personal tax clients.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.