Tax Senior/Semi-Senior, Witney, £22,000 - £30,000
Your new company
A flourishing firm of Chartered Accountants with a strong, specialised private client tax team is looking to grow and develop. Clients include small - medium businesses, owner managed business throughout the Thames Valley area; as well as a significant number of private tax and trust clients in over 50 countries around the world.
This firm has just been acquired by a thriving accountancy group expected to be in the top 10 by the end of the year, this would be an excellent opportunity for someone looking to join an organisation with a small-firm-environment and a large group backing.
A company that truly cares about people development by providing external and in-house training, with possibility for ATT or CTA exam support.
Your new role
You'll be managing a portfolio of approx. 240 clients; ranging from CEOs, property investors, trusts, Crown servants, as well as a significant number of non-resident and non-domiciled individuals.
Responsibilities will include:
* Liaise with clients & HMRC in writing, email and on the phone.
* Tax return preparation.
* Run and manage a client portfolio of approximately 240 clients.
* Working in accordance with deadlines.
* Assisting the tax manager and directors as required.
What you'll need to succeed
* Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
* Experience of working with a qualified accountancy practice would be ideal.
* Experience of dealing with self-assessment income tax returns (i.e. prep/client/HMRC contact, etc.).
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook and tax software packages.
* Be self-motivated and a team player.
* ATT/AAT would be an advantage but not essential. Good practical experience is more important.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.