Hays are currently recruiting a Senior Tax Advisor for one of the Big 4 firms in Cambridge. You will join the Business Tax Services team, who work with organisations and individuals to structure transactions and operations in a tax-effective manner. This will including helping clients to mitigate tax risk, comply effectively with tax laws and take into account the prospect of change.
The exciting role can offer you the opportunity to gain experience of the mid-market and enhance your skills within a national markets context. Frequently you'll be working with finance teams at clients to 'stand in' shoes of tax person.
As a corporate tax professional working with this leading firm, you will provide a full range of tax services, comprising both compliance and advisory work. You will be working alongside specialists on a day to day basis to broaden your experience of different tax areas to help clients through the challenges of planning, financial accounting, tax compliance and maintaining effective relationships with the tax authorities. The varied work encompasses issues that include CFCs, loss relief, reorganisations, patent box, BEPs and international tax means ultimately this role will offer broad experience with significant exposure to senior stakeholders, responsibility in key decisions and a more varied portfolio to help you develop your career.
Your key responsibilities
* To contribute to the efficient and successful delivery of tax services to the client
* Build and maintain tax relationships with clients and provide high levels of client service
* Build relationships both within the firm and externally with clients, identifying opportunities and managing expectations
* Contribute to winning new work by proactively managing existing clients and contribute to winning new clients.
* Manage the successful delivery of tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business driven approach taken
* Responsible for day-to-day client liaison
* Coach and develop our teams
* Provide full tax services to a client portfolio
You will be;
* ACA/CA/ACCA/CTA; or Tax Inspectors with full Technical Training Course; or Law qualification
* Experienced corporate tax practitioner
* Experience in tax accounting/tax audit
* Proven ability to read and interpret existing and new tax statute
A competitive remuneration package where you will be rewarded for your individual and team performance. A comprehensive rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, as well as a selection of benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
* Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
* Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
* The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
Please apply on line or contact Cara Whyte at Hays for more details