Marks Sattin is working in partnership with a world leading manufacturing business to recruit for an Assistant Tax Manager. Working with the Senior Tax Manager, the ideal candidate will have a strong corporate tax and VAT background.
This role is a fantastic opportunity to gain some hand on experience working in a business which prides itself on providing an excellent working culture. You will be given a chance to gain exposure across some key projects, helping shape the way the business deal with tax.
Within the role you will be:
* Assisting in gathering the data for the preparation of the corporation tax computations for the UK entities
* Support the statutory accounts in terms of tax disclosures and liabilities
* Corporation tax quarterly payment calculations and liaising with HMRC where required
* Support processes to give a clear tax governance process throughout the business
* Assist with Transfer pricing; policy development and implementation
* Provide internal VAT/indirect taxes technical knowledge and capability
* Preparation of group entity VAT returns on a quarterly basis
* Assist with implementation of VAT initiatives and working with the Europe VAT team
To be suitable for the role you will have previous experience as a tax accountant who has worked within similar environments in industry or practice (CTA/ACA/CIMA fully or part qualified). You will have up to date business tax knowledge coupled with strong communication skills.