Permanent, flexible, part time or annualised hours available
Based in Leeds within one of the Big 4. This role is to work as part of the specialist Financial Services tax M&A practice, working on both regional and national transactions. You will be the day to day project lead on diligence and structuring projects, liaising with the cross tax project team and working closely with the client. You will work as part of a wider experienced team with full access to training and development coaching to build your skillset to its maximum potential.
• Day to day project lead on a variety of transactions to include vendor/purchaser tax due diligence, Initial Public Offering, working capital reports and other transaction reporting work streams;
• You will co-ordinate input from the other tax service lines to prepare the completed tax report;
• You will liaise with the client to gather information and to form judgements on the tax positions taken;
• Liaise with the wider Transaction Services team to co-ordinate tax input within the wider timetable and overall diligence report;
• Participate in client calls and meetings to discuss the output of our reports, including providing support for bidder calls;
• Assist in the design of client acquisition structures or pre-sale/acquisition reorganisations where required;
• Undertake reviews of transaction related legal documentation;
• Ensure that client provided information is properly recorded and documented and risk is managed;
• You will ensure that internal risk requirements are met including inputting into client take on, engagement letters and hold harmless documentation; and
• Assist with marketing activities for the Financial Services M&A tax team.
• Previous experience of working in practice;
• ICAEW or CTA qualifications;
• Experience in reviewing UK Corporation Tax computations and a broad based understanding of UK corporation tax concepts (i.e. payment and filing deadlines, transfer pricing, research and development tax credits, patent box etc);
• A broad based understanding of other areas of tax would be advantageous but not imperative;
• Ability to integrate and work effectively within high performing teams;
• High quality business writing and effective communication skills;
• High competence with Microsoft Office (particularly Power Point);
• Professional scepticism in questioning information presented and an enquiring mind with a desire to understand the target business; and
• Individual needs to be organised and self-motivated.
Interested? If you meet the criteria stated, please apply immediately with a full and up to date CV to be considered.
Please note that only those applicants who have a legal right to work in the UK and have an appropriate amount of practical relevant UK tax experience will be considered for this role. Additionally, candidates who are already registered with us will be automatically considered for this role and any other tax jobs in Leeds.