Permanent, flexible, part time or annualised hours available
Working for Big 4 firm based in either Leeds or Newcastle. Associate Directors own a portfolio of clients, steer client services and deliver innovative solutions by bringing together multi-disciplinary teams to tackle some of this firms most complex client challenges. As an Associate Director you will develop relationships with your clients, actively contribute to the eminence of the practice by external knowledge sharing and invest time in business development. You will be a role model to others and participate in an inclusive environment of team working where team members feel supported. You will also be supported in deepening your own technical specialism, widening your cross service line and industry or market knowledge, and continuing to develop your skills.
• Support senior team members and subject matter specialists in the delivery of a range of tax reporting and tax audit services to financial services clients. Work would include:
• Provision of reporting services (including group reporting, company-only numbers and interims) under IFRS, UK GAAP and US GAAP;
• Acting as tax specialist on audits, including reviewing client tax accounting and managing the input of other specialists (including transfer pricing, R&D, transactions, debt advisory) to address risks and reach conclusions around uncertain tax positions;
• Liaison with our offshore and nearshore teams to ensure quality and efficiency;
• Proactively managing audit, client and statutory deadlines, billing requirements and delegating effectively to your team.
• Ownership and development of existing UK and international relationships both internally with our audit team and externally with clients, and cultivation of new relationships;
• Development of the technical and operational skill set of junior team members;
• Active involvement in cross service line FS community events;
• Input into market facing events on both an account and wider team basis;
If you are interested in a wider role than pure tax audit and reporting, this firm would be happy to widen the role to include the delivery of UK corporation tax compliance to a varied portfolio of clients.
• Experience of working in practice in a similar function. A good understanding of the financial services sector is desirable but not essential;
• ICAEW or CTA qualifications;
• Experience in preparing or reviewing reporting schedules and tax accounting disclosures under UK GAAP and IFRS;
• Experience in statutory audit work;
• Ability to integrate and work effectively within high performing teams;
• Delegation and leadership skills, and an ability to be clear and concise with regards to instructing more junior teams around them;
• High quality business writing and effective communication skills;
• The ability to work closely with audit teams and clients, applying practical and commercial concepts to technical work;
• Ability to effectively present to clients and internal teams;
• Individual needs to be organised and self-motivated.
If you meet the criteria stated, please apply immediately with a full and up to date CV to be considered.
Please note that only those applicants who have a legal right to work in the UK and have an appropriate amount of practical relevant UK tax experience will be considered for this role. Additionally, candidates who are already registered with us will be automatically considered for this role and any other tax jobs in Leeds or tax jobs in Newcastle.