Working for Big 4 firm based in either Leeds or Newcastle. You will be joining as a Consultant and take the lead on delivering key parts of this firm’s client services. As a Consultant you will use your commercial awareness and professional expertise, along with leveraging the skills and expertise of others, to deliver the best possible experience and outcomes for clients. You might own or manage key elements of a client relationship and, with an appropriate level of support, will be expected to proactively identify innovative solutions for your clients and pursue new business development opportunities by utilising your networks and market knowledge. You will be a confident team player and enjoy sharing your knowledge and expertise with others, as well as continuing to build your own technical expertise or specialism.
• Ownership and development of existing UK and international client relationships and cultivation of new relationships;
• Support senior team members and subject matter specialists in communication, marketing and delivery of a range of advisory services to financial services clients, including capital and operational restructuring and refinancing, securitisations, transfer pricing, M&A projects and other ad hoc advisory projects;
• Development of the technical and operational skill set of junior team members;
• Managing a team of individuals to deliver UK corporation tax compliance services to a varied portfolio of clients;
• Managing and overseeing compliance and advisory projects, with regards to managing client and statutory deadlines, billing requirements and delegating effectively to your team.
• Experience of working in practice in a similar function;
• [A good understanding of the financial services sector is desirable but not essential];
• ICAEW or CTA qualifications;
• Ability to integrate and work effectively within high performing teams;
• Delegation and leadership skills, and an ability to be clear and concise with regards to instructing more junior teams around them;
• High quality business writing and effective communication skills;
• The ability to work closely with clients, applying practical and commercial concepts to technical work ;
• Ability to effectively present to clients and internal teams;
• Individual needs to be organised and self-motivated.
If you meet the criteria stated, please apply immediately with a full and up to date CV to be considered.
Please note that only those applicants who have a legal right to work in the UK and have an appropriate amount of practical relevant UK tax experience will be considered for this role. Additionally, candidates who are already registered with us will be automatically considered for this role and any other tax jobs in Leeds or tax jobs in Newcastle.