Corporate Tax Manager opportunity with a Top 10 firm in Leeds. You will ideally have international tax experience and be CTA and ACA or ACCA qualified.
You will be managing a portfolio of multinational and large OMB corporate clients with complex tax affairs in this senior appointment. The role will involve working on a variety of advisory projects and technical assignments. You will also take an active role in business development opportunities, proposals and networking events, it will be expected that you make a significant contribution towards the overall future development and success of the office and firm. For the right candidate the role can lead to partnership.
• Be the main point of contact on tax only cases for the firm.
• To liaise with the client throughout the year and to practise the principles of excellent client service.
• To identify and advise on tax planning opportunities and to undertake specialist technical assignments.
• To manage the assignment in accordance with the firm’s standard procedures and confirm arrangements with the client, including likely costs and billing arrangements. Ensuring the work meets targeted recovery, and to bill clients on a timely basis.
• To research and prepare proposals for new work, and to take part in formal presentations to prospective clients.
• To be actively involved in the office business development activities.
• To take an active involvement in client seminars, and to effectively follow up contact made.
• To develop a detailed knowledge of the firm’s specialist services and to undertake special work in response to client needs where appropriate.
• To maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil professional bodies’ CPD requirements.
• Be a line manager for staff, including taking an active role in their development.
• Attend staff meetings and training as required.
• To brief junior staff on the client’s business and the pre-assignment instructions, to supervise and control the completion of work, and to undertake ‘on the job’ training and appraisals where necessary.
• To ensure that the clients’ tax affairs comply with statutory requirements and manage compliance work team efficiently.
• To ensure tax quality at all times by adhering to the Firm’s quality standards.
• CTA / ATII qualified or equivalent, along with an accounting qualification such as ACA or ACCA.
• International tax experience is highly desirable
• Significant previous experience operating at Senior Manager or Associate Director is required, or can demonstrate the skill set required to undertake the role.
• Proven experience in client handling and project management
• Proven tax experience in producing high quality work within budget.
• Tax experience from a practice background would is essential.
• Business development experience and interest in this aspect would be desirable
Please apply immediately to be considered for this exciting role.
Please note that only those applicants who have a legal right to work in the UK and have an appropriate amount of practical relevant UK tax experience will be considered for this role. Additionally, candidates who are already registered with us will be automatically considered for this role and any other tax jobs in Leeds, or tax jobs in Yorkshire.