An exciting opportunity for a tax associate to work within a private client team supporting partners, colleagues and clients on matters in relation to UK and offshore trusts and their beneficiaries as well as being responsible for a portfolio of private clients.
Our client is looking for a bright and enthusiastic individual to provide management of each trust and private client assignment in an efficient and effective manner, and to help ensure that clients receive a quality service in all aspects.
• To manage a portfolio of trust clients.
• To prepare trust accounts and working papers.
• To prepare tax returns for trust, estate and beneficiary clients.
• To understand and interpret the effects of trust deeds and wills.
• To advise internal and external clients on trust tax matters.
• To monitor deadlines relating to trust clients.
• To maintain knowledge of current legislation on trust and estate related matters and interpret this in relation to clients.
• To act as day-to-day point of contact for private clients, and to practice the principles of excellent client service at all times.
• To ensure that assignments are undertaken in accordance with the pre-assignment instructions, and to carry out complex aspects of the assignment efficiently, thoroughly.
• To provide a full and personal tax compliance service as required by the circumstances of each client.
• Preparation of personal tax returns.
• To assist Tax Managers with Department Advisory work.
• To provide adequate briefing, supervision and training for junior staff.
• To review work completed by junior staff for adequacy and completeness, and to undertake job appraisal interviews.
• To develop and maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil the professional bodies’ CPD requirements.
• To record time spent on each client’s affairs using relevant computer software.
• ATT qualified (part-qualified considered if nearing completion)
• CTA qualified or equivalent work experience gained in a Personal Tax department within a professional practice environment.
• Proven experience in client handling and managing a busy portfolio.
• Proven experience within an Advisory role (in addition to compliance work)
• Experience of a client or customer facing environment would be advantageous.
• Experience of using PerTax software system.
• Exposure to Business Development within a Personal Tax context.
If you are ready for a move and you meet the criteria please apply immediately to be considered.
Please note that only those applicants who have a legal right to work in the UK and have an appropriate amount of practical relevant UK tax experience will be considered for this role. Additionally, candidates who are already registered with us will be automatically considered for this role and any other tax jobs in Leeds, or tax jobs in Yorkshire.