Tax Assistant vacancy - Leeds. Fabulous opportunity for a QBE or ATT qualified or part qualified candidate to join a thriving independent practice growing rapidly through acquisition in Leeds that provides respected accountancy advice across the UK and Internationally. They provide tax planning and advisory services across various industries and are an ambitious and forward-thinking organisation that select positive and hardworking individuals to ensure the business continually grows. There is study support on offer if this is of interest to the successful candidate.
This is a 100% tax compliance role. It will suit someone who is content to focus on accuracy and reliable, you may not necessarily be ambitious to progress but prefer to get job satisfaction from consistently high standards of work output within a friendly and supportive team. You will be responsible for completing individual and partnership tax returns and managing client engagement. Ideally with a minimum of 3 years tax compliance skills from start to finish within practice.
What you will be doing:
• Completing tax returns and making recommendations regarding accuracy and tax savings opportunities
• Implementing tax compliance for clients
• Managing engagement budgets
• Proactively interacting with key client management to gather information, resolve tax related problems and make recommendations for business and process improvements
• Supervise, train and mentor staff and interns on tax projects where required
• Assisting partners on proposals and business development calls
• Ability to multi-task and complete assignments to deadlines
• Tax compliance experience
• Either QBE (qualified by experience) or part/fully qualified ATT
• Experience in portfolio and tax management
• Exposure to income tax compliance and knowledge of tax regulations
• Understanding of income tax issues
• Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills
Please note that only those applicants who have a legal right to work in the UK and have an appropriate amount of practical relevant UK tax experience will be considered for this role. Additionally, candidates who are already registered with us will be automatically considered for this role and any other tax jobs in Leeds, or tax jobs in Yorkshire.